On a journey of discovery to Alp Piora and its raw ham
A unique experience is waiting for you at Alp Piora: be enchanted by the traditions of alpine life and by the secrets of its famous specialties.
After a hike along the Lago Ritom nature trail, you and the master butchers of Ticinella (Rapelli SA) will discover the exclusive Prosciutto dell’Alpe Piora and the maturation cellar where the raw ham is gradually refined by the air of high mountains.
The visit is rounded off with an aperitif of typical Ticino specialites and wines.
The activity includes:
- Return ride on the Ritom funicular railway
- Hike on the nature trail along Lake Ritom
- Insight into the history and traditions of Alp Piora
- Guided tour through the raw ham maturation cellar of Alp Piora
- Aperitif with typical Ticino specialities and wine
Every Tuesday and Thursday.
Booking at least one week in advance.
Location: Funicular Ritom, 6776 Piotta
Group size: min. 10 max. 40
Languages: Italian, German, French
Price p.p.: CHF 55.-
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Cold cuts
- SERVICES Incentive , Guided tours