The Theatre of Chiasso was designed by the architect Americo Marazzi in 1934 and opened in 1935, quickly becoming an attraction for important events animating the life of people in Chiasso, Ticino and along the border's regions. The original building was entirely redeveloped and restored in 2001. The theatre seasons offer an original and high artistic programme, featuring events relating to theatre, music, dance and cinema. A foyer is annexed to the theatre, with conference facilities and multi-media services.
The Theatre is available not only for theatre and shows, but also for meetings, conferences, conventions and other company events.
It is located a few metres from Corso San Gottardo, from the main street in Chiasso arterial and the 'Piazza del Municipio' and is therefore easily reached even from the motorway (Chiasso sud exit) and the Railway Station.