Rent a Bike – Book online
Rent a Bike is the leading service provider for rental bikes, e-bikes and mountain bikes. All over Switzerland we on-site with 200 rental stations. You can expect:
- Bikes - Newest bikes of top quality and service. The bike fleet is ongoing renewed, no bike is older than 3 years. 2017 we provide 4500 bikes at 200 rental stations.
- Swiss Brands - Narrow partnerships with the manufacturers Tour de Suisse Rad AG and Biketec. You can find in our bike fleet mostly bikes made in Switzerland. Supplemented with bikes "Stevens", made in Hamburg.
- Large choice of tours and flexibility - Unique is the possibility to rent a bike at one station and bring it back at another station. Thanks to the narrow net of rental stations and thanks to the logistic concept of Rent a Bike individual tours can be arranged.
- Security - Thanks the cooperation with SUVA free helmets can be provided.
How it works
Reserving rental bikes
- Reserve your rental bike online or by telephone at the relevant bike rental station.
- It is worth booking early. Groups and schools in particular should book in good time so that sufficient bikes are available on the day of travel required.
- You pay directly at the bike rental station on the day of rental.
- You will find more than 80 rental points directly at the station or a maximum of 300 metres from the station.
Collecting your rental bike
- You receive your rental contract at the bike rental station. You will need to have your personal ID, your Half-Fare travelcard, your GA travelcard, your SwissPass or your credit card with you. You can then collect your required rental bike.
- When renting at the station, please go to the ticket or luggage counter first. You can then pick up your bike at the luggage counter using the rental contract.
Giving back the rental bike.
- You can give back bikes and e-bikes at the same rental point and usually at an alternative one as well.
- Find out in advance about the opening hours for the bike rental station.
Rental stations in Ticino:
- Airolo – Valbianca SA/Mad Ride Bike Shop
- Bellinzona – SBB railway station/BikePort
- Biasca – Return station
- Gordevio – Camping TCS
- Locarno – SBB railway station
- Locarno – Ostello per la Gioventù
- Lugano – SBB railway station
- Tenero – SBB railway station (Express Bar)
Book your Bike online