The Castles of Bellinzona
Bellinzona Tourist Office proposes Bellinzona, capital town of the Italian speaking part of Switzerland and its three medieval castles, which boast UNESCO World Heritage status, as a privileged venue for prestigious corporate events, and as an ideal location for a stay which transforms a working visit into an unforgettable cultural occasion.
The traditional quality of its hotel service and its authentic regional cuisine are further incentives to choose this historic town, which, by capitalizing on its unique architectural heritage and the particular attractions of the region, is able to offer a unique style of hospitality that few can equal.
Once a fortified barrier at the gateway to the Alps, today a UNESCO World Heritage site. The fortifications in Bellinzona are an extraordinary example of late medieval military architecture situated in a strategic position at the gateway to the Alpine passes. In the period from 1920 to 1950 a considerable amount of work was carried out on the castles of Montebello and Sasso Corbaro. The final phase of the conservation project for Castelgrande - the comprehensive renovation of the castle by Architect Aurelio Galfetti - has now been completed. The final results of this bold restoration project, a harmonious blend of the ancient with the modern, testify to the quality of the architectural and technical operations which have made the castle an integral part of the daily life of the town.
The prestige of a historical ambience for your special event:
- inner bailey (2,500 sq.m.) for conferences, theatrical performances, concerts and outdoor receptions;
- outer south bailey (3,000 sq.m.) for conferences, theatrical performances, concerts, outdoor receptions and banquets;
- outer north bailey (3,000 sq.m.) for conferences, theatrical performances, concerts, outdoor receptions and banquets;
- Ridotto (200 sq.m.) for conferences, theatrical performances, concerts and outdoor receptions Arsenal Hall (200 sq.m.) seminars, receptions and other events for up to 250 guests;
- Foyer (70 sq.m.) receptions and other events for up to 100 guests;
- Belvedere of the Black Tower (20 sq.m.) for seminars and receptions for up to 20 guests;
Services: catering, technical assistance, personalized solutions.
- FACILITY Castelgrande
- SIZE Number meeting rooms: 7
- LOCATION Central
- CATEGORIES Meeting venue , Events venue
|Belvedere della Torre Nera||20||20|
|Cortile esterno settentrionale||3,000|
|Cortile esterno meridionale||3,500|
|Available||Available upon request||Not available|
|Accessible for disabled||Air conditioner||Internet||Projector||Microphone|